Thursday 9 March 2017

AS A MATHEMATICS TEACHER

MY REFLECTIONS AS A MATHEMATICS TEACHER

                               My school internship programme is done at GHSS Amaravathy . I cleared 50 lessons and 5 innovative lessons in Mathematics . In the school Smt. Indiradevi P was my mentor and she gave the class 8 A for my teaching practice. She was very helpful during the internship periods . I took the chapters equal triangles, equations, polygons, identity and money math. I got 40 students in my class and the experience was good. I started the classes by the chapter polygons for gaining the attention of students through interesting mathematical areas that related with daily life situations. I fully prepared before all the classes and used all the available learning materials.
                              Qualities developed me through school internship are collaboration, confidence, honesty , duty boundness, respect, commitment to teaching and learning, emotional maturity, responsibility, fairness, belief that all students can learn.
Collaboration – I worked with 4 of my peers in GHSS Amaravathy. During this period we worked together and helped each other. We got some duties in school and we done it by collaborative manner. We discussed about our classes , duties and also talked about how to improve our classes. We also worked collaboratively with the teachers of GHSS Amaravathy and they gave necessary tips and supports for the successful practice.
Confidence – school internship programme helped me to acquire the quality of confidence, and the awareness of the necessary of being confident. As a teacher confidence is a necessary quality to face problems arising during classroom teaching and in school. A confident teacher can make enthusiastic generation. School internship also gives me the confidence to speak in front of students and people.
Respect – during those days of school internship I learned to show respect to others, it includes my colleagues, school head, parents and also students. Everyone has their own peculiarities and differences. Respecting these differences is helpful for maintaining a healthy classroom environment. Without respecting the individual differences of students we can’t teach in the correct manner.
Honesty – I learned to be honest to my colleagues and to my students. Honesty is a unavoidable quality for teachers. If we working in a organization we must need honesty. This honesty strengthen our collaboration and ensure the smooth working of the organization.
Commitment to learning – A teacher must acquire more knowledge about his own discipline and also in other discipline to provide more and updated knowledge to students. School internship teaches me to the commitment for learning. Teachers can’t avoid learning. Teacher must acquire knowledge and a teacher with master in certain discipline can lead a class smoothly.
Responsibility – I learned to be responsible. As a teacher my first duty is to know my subject matter and the second one is be responsible to give necessary knowledge to the students about subject matter. School is a organization and their must be more activities curricular or extracurricular, if we get any charge for the conduct of a programme we must be responsible for that duty and give full commitment to its perfect functioning. During internship I got charges in mathematics club activities, school sports meet, and Independence day celebrations, I worked with the teachers with full of my effort and responsibility.
Fairness – I learned to be fair to my students and colleagues. If I am fair others will interested to  me otherwise they never gives importance to my words or actions.
Belief that every students can learn – Every students has their own differences. The learning strategy of each student is also different. Identifying the best method for each student is helpful for a teacher. Mathematics is a difficult subject for most of the students it is because how they approach the subject. If we change the mode of interaction between mathematics and learners it will helps the learners to create a positive mentality.

                         Many learners face difficulty in understanding the concept of mathematics. Many students face difficulty in mathematical problem solving and difficulty in acquiring mathematics related skills. It is because of the way they approach the subject. Traditional classroom situations are not sufficient for a better mathematics learning. Implementation of technologies in mathematics classroom will help the teacher and students. ICT enabled classes for mathematics is helpful for the understanding of students. It helps to deliver knowledge in a different manner. Ensuring pupil participation in learning process is very important , activity oriented and interesting teaching methods to be applied. Innovative methods can also be introduced for mathematics learning. My experience as a mathematics teacher was some challenging and interested. I took extra study times for effective mathematics learning. This school internship gives the idea of how difficult the mathematics learning and how can be overcome it.

5 comments:

  1. I think maths can become an interesting subject if it’s taught in an intresting way . Nevertheless; I can’t say much about it because sociology is my subject and now that we’ve moved to online classes so mostly I look for a way where you can Pay Someone To Take A Class For You so you can tell that I’m nobody to judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never written a reflective essay before and was stumped as to what to do. This blog was short and sweet, and it really helped me
    press release writing services get started on my paper, since I was in the middle of writing a research paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At projects/clouds-casa-murree/, you'll get a beautiful view from your window. Only in Clouds Casa Murree can you enjoy an opulent lifestyle with with luxurious amenities. Clouds Casa Murree is the most tranquil property for sale in Murree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maths is little bit touch subject but problem is little bit confuse also.
    Best Schools In Bangalore
    Top Schools In Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many students have trouble grasping the idea of maths. Numerous students struggle to solve mathematical puzzles and learn abilities connected to pakistan textile industry mathematics. It is as a result of how they approach the topic.

    ReplyDelete